OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion support for Lotus Notes 8.5.3

IBM now offers support for OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion.

There are two possibilities for already installed clients:
– Interim Fix 1 for 8.5.3 Fixpack 2
– 8.5.3 Fixpack 3

For new installations, use the new installer:
– Notes 8.5.3 Slipstream (Part No: CIBF8EN)

Follow this link for more information and download:
Supportability Q&A about Lotus Notes and OS X 10.8.x

Advertisements
This entry was posted in IBM Notes/Domino and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion support for Lotus Notes 8.5.3

1. rajiv says:

for a new mac with ML, neither work.

• Stephan Kopp says:

Did you try the new installer mentioned on the IBM site?
      It won’t work with an old installer because of the name duplication with the Apple notes.app.

Update:
      I tried again a fresh installation on Mountain Lion and it works with the new installer (Part No: CIBF8EN).
      In the Applications folder you see now the “Lotus Notes.app” and the Apple “Notes.app” won’t be touched.

2. Johnny says:

Anyone have the Notes 8.5.3 Slipstream (Part No: CIBF8EN) Download? I am unable to download it from IBM.

3. Anonymous says:

This download does not exist anywhere it seems – nowhere to be found on IBM Passport Advantage

• Stephan Kopp says:

When I login with my IBM ID and search for the part number, I can see the download… http://wp.me/a2ysIa-9x

• Anonymous says:

I’m getting stuck when trying to log in(site key?). I have a license for lotus notes but my “HUGE” company does not support Apple OSX so I’m on my own. They will only provide me with the regular installer. If anyone can temporarily post this installer I would greatly appreciate it. I’m stuck using iNotes until then. It’s killing me! I really do not want to reinstall Lion. Thanks.

• Stephan Kopp says:

I’m not sure (I haven’t tested it), but I think the “old” installer is still working.
        The problem is that the “notes.app” from Apple will be replaced. You can create a backup copy and after installation, you can move the Lotus Notes.app in a subfolder to avoid problems in the future…

4. Anonymous says:

Unfortunately the old installer does not work. Something about being incompatible with this version of OSX. The only option is to re-install Lion, run the old installer, then upgrade to Mountain Lion, then run the Fix pack OR if you can get ahold of the slipstream installer… that’ll work to. But if you’re in my predicament… the slipstream is out of reach. =/ Thank you trying to help though, I do appreciate it.
    -Johnny

5. OzSR says:

I have downloaded an evaluation version in my personal capacity and I have the same predicament – no access to the slipstream download site. What is the solution to this? Thanks in advance…

6. phinix says:

Dear all,
    I find the “Lotus Notes 8.5.3 MAC English full” (CIBF8EN) .dmg file at:
    Thanks Stephan for your screenshot about the file detail.

Hope this comment can help someone search for “Notes 8.5.3 slipstream” installation file like me!

Comments are closed.